Whether for the skiing, the restaurants, or the dispensaries, Colorado is quickly becoming one of the tourist hot spots in the US. Whatever activity suits you (we recommend all of the above) here is your Colorado travel guide.
- Money = Credit cards accepted everywhere
- Transportation = Uber to get around or rent a car if traveling between ski destinations
- Denver airport is central to most mountains (and the city)
- Eagle airport is most convenient to Vail, although it’s a small airport and therefore has less flights
- Best Time to Visit = February – March for skiing (less crowds)
- Denver is great any time of year
Things to Note
It is still technically illegal to bring marijuana outside of the state. It’s only loosely enforced and TSA admits it’s not actively looking for these goodies in your bags, but if you do choose to bring back a souvenir do so at your own risk.
- Foods to Try
- Bloody Mary’s are great on the mountain for apres
- Beer (many popular breweries in and around Denver)
- Top 3 Must-See Spots
Generous gratuities (up to 20%) are expected for good service.
Geo Travel Guide
Check out some of our favorite locations in Colorado via the map below.
[related_posts_by_tax title=”Read More About This Area” post_types=”posts,pages” image_size=”medium” format=”thumbnails” posts_per_page=”-1″]