Netherlands (AKA Holland) is a beautiful country known for its windmills, tulips, and of course, coffee shops (not to mention Red Light district). Here is our Netherlands travel guide.
- Language = Dutch
- English spoken in most tourist areas
- Money = Euro
- Credit cards accepted
- Transportation = Amsterdam is walkable, bikes are a fun way to get around
- Best Time to Visit = April – September
- Tulips are in bloom April-May
Things to Note
If you visit the Red Light district as a tourist, try not to stare. New rules are being put in place to prevent crowds and visitors are asked to respect the workers.
Cafés are where coffee is served, and “coffee shops” is where cannabis products are sold.
- Foods to Try
- Top 3 Must-See Spots
- Anne Frank House
- Zaanse Schan (windmills)
- Keukenhof (tulips)
Gratuities are not expected, but round up for good service at cafés and bars.
Geo Travel Guide
Check out some of our favorite locations in the Netherlands via the map below.
Tours & Day Trips
Our favorite tours:
- Amsterdam Combo: Keukenhof Gardens and Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
- Jewish Quarter Anne Frank Walking Tour in Amsterdam
- Airport Transfer