- Language = French
- English spoken in most tourist areas
- Money = Euro
- Credit cards accepted
- Transportation = walking, taxis/Uber
- Take trains between cities
- TGV is the high speed train for longer-distance trains
- Best Time to Visit = April – October
Things to Note
France is a very safe country, but always be alert in cities and beware of pickpockets in tourist areas.
- Foods to Try
- Steak Frites
- Wine (Bordeaux, Cotes de Rhone)
- Top 3 Must-See Spots
If a service charge is included in the bill, there is no need to tip.
- Restaurants = round up, or include spare change
- Bars = round up a Euro
- Tour Guides = 5 or 10 euro
- Taxis = round up
Geo Travel Guide
Check out some of our favorite locations in France via the map below.